Dil Dhadakne Do - Movie Review


Hello friends, I’m back and this time with a movie that might look like the usual stuff to some but for me it isn’t. It isn’t because I’m a huge fan of Ranveer Singh. Today, I have written a letter to my love about this movie. Hope you enjoy reading it and travel with me through the lives of Mehra family and my friend, Pluto Mehra.

My Dear Ranveer or should I say Kabir?

I have been stuck to you since Band Baaja Baraat. My friends told me that it’s not a good idea to love you so much but I was sure you would make me proud. And boy, you have.

Some might say Dil Dhadakne Do would be a high society drama with the same old background and beautiful settings. But I would say, I could connect with you and your sister Ayesha, not because the characters you were playing but because of the intensity in your acting. And trust me, Pluto is my favourite of all Mehras (but of course after you). He became my friend since he entered the screen. I couldn’t believe how well he narrated (through Aamir Khan’s voice) your family’s story and understood you so well even without speaking a word (Sorry, I know he is a dog but dogs do communicate in their own language, right?) He passed on a message so simple that we being humans have the ‘facility’ to communicate with each other but we choose not to, we share all that’s unnecessary but leave out the important ones, we think about the ones we love all time but when they come in front of us we are quiet. If we as humans could follow the simple things Pluto pointed out, life would have been so much better.

When I first heard of the movie, I thought Zoya and Reema are making a big mistake by getting all you big shots together, but I was proven wrong. You all seemed like a family and not just a huge cast ensemble. I loved the way you guys were so comfortable and perfect on screen. Anil Sir stirred the movie with his great bossy attitude, that it is impossible to even imagine anyone else in his character as Kamal Mehra. And your mom in the movie, Shefali Shah playing as Neelam Mehra made me cry in the scene where she says, “Tum mujhe bhool gaye, Kamal.” She perfectly essayed her role of a typical suffering wife who hides everything to keep up the pretension of a happy family.

Priyanka and Anushka are way far better than the parts written for them. However, I would have loved it more if Priyanka would be a little more aggressive as she runs her own business, is self-made and features in Forbes Top 10 entrepreneurs list.
Please excuse me when I say that Farhan looked smouldering as Sunny and he looked great with Priyanka. This new pair is like a fresh air in Bollywood. Directors could think of some great stories with them.

And how could I forget Rahul? Even though he is not found in many movies, I must say he is a great actor. Even if in DDD his character was not big enough, he has given a noteworthy performance.

Ok now that I have spoken about everybody in the movie, let me tell you my favourite person in the movie. No points for guessing, it’s you. My heart skipped a beat for you in the second part when you were trying to make your parents get into the depth of your family issues. Trust me I am not just saying this to make you feel good. You are the one to watch out in DDD. You have played your character so gently and with lot of energy and gave the right kind of expression at the right points. Your humour timing is fantastic. You are the best of the lot and your on screen sibling relation with Priyanka could be one of the best sibling chemistry in Bollywood. I want to see more of you together supporting each other.

The two-week long cruise trip was just amazing. I loved it more because I could get a glimpse of Turkey, France, Spain, Tunisia and Italy sitting in a theatre. But more importantly, I could be a part of the journey within, as the trip raised some serious questions over double standards, hypocrisies and sufferings we choose to cover up, be it in high society or a middle class.

And Ranveer, will you please convey my thoughts to Zoya as well? She is a brilliant director who knows her job very well. DDD’s story might get predictable but you can’t pick a flaw in her direction. Everything looked just perfect. The only flaw in the movie, I would say was the duration.

I also loved the music by the trio Shankar Ehsaan Loy. They have given us chartbusting numbers over the years and now have added another feather to their cap. The music is not instantly addictive like their other compositions but over the period you grow into them.

I read that Big B said, “Silences in a film allow the audience to enter the mind of the actor… rare… DDD does that in abundance.” I completely second his thoughts. The movie tugged at my heart strings. It is that one entertainer that got me hooked till the end. And with you in it, I couldn’t afford to miss it.

Looking forward to more of your entertainers in near future. Rise and shine always.

Love,

Mandakini

Image Source: http://bit.ly/1P1de9T

Mandakini

Mandakini is fun loving, food loving and a bollywood freak. She is a believer of dreams but professionally, has had one year of experience in PR with hospitality industry and currently is working as a Freelance PR and Social Media person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this